Cultural institutions (eastern mountain region)
The museum in Stip
The museum in Stip is opened with a decision of the National board of the city of Stip on 10.05.1950. The first exhibition of the Museum was set in the Husa-Medin Pasha Mosque and had an ethnological character. On October 11, 1956, the Museum was moved to a newly adapted building of old town architecture, known as the house of Arsovi (brothers Tosho and Ljupco, national heroes). In 1964, a permanent exhibition of contemporary Macedonian painting was opened at the Bezisten Art Gallery, which is part of the Museum. In 1972, on the initiative of Kosta Balabanov, a permanent exhibition of icons was opened in the 19th century church – Assumption of the Most Holy Mother of God in Novo Selo. In 1978 the building of the Museum was renovated, so the museum premises were transferred together with the entire staff and documentation to the premises of the old Health Center. In 1979, the Museum gained the status of Institute for Protection of Cultural Monuments and National Museum, unlike before when it was only the National Museum of the Stip region. In 1985, the Museum was restored to Arsovi’s house, which was abandoned in 1978 for renovation. In these rooms the museum works continuously until today. In 1980, a project was made to expand the Museum with another building, and the house of Anevi – Gochevi was used, where the archeological exhibition is now located. Between the house of Arsovi and the house of Anevi – Gochevi, an administrative building was planned even then, in which the administrative part will be located. This project was completed in 2004. Today the museum complex consists of three buildings, one of which is administrative, and the other two are provided as exhibits.
As part of the Institute and Museum of the city of Stip, there is also a Museum of VMRO for Stip and the Stip region (1893 – 1934) opened in 2014, the art gallery Bezisten, and a Memorial house of Slavcho Stojmenski has been opened.
The Terracotta Museum
The idea of establishing a museum in Vinica dates back to the 80s of the last century, its realization did not come until May 2006.
The museum of the city of Vinica is located in the center of the city, within the building of the local self-government.
The tools of prehistoric man, the mysterious cults of the first civilizations, the ancient splendor and decadence, the modesty of the first Christians and their deep faith, the warlikeness of the barbarian tribes – all gathered in one place. The Terracotta Museum offers you the story of the timelessness of Vinica.
NI Cultural Center “Nikola Jonkov Vapcarov”, Delchevo
NI Cultural Center “Nikola Jonkov Vapcarov”, Delchevo is a non-profit National Institution in the field of culture. The founder of the NI Center for Culture “Nikola Jonkov Vapcarov”, Delchevo is the Government of the Republic of Macedonia, with a Decision on establishing the network of National Institutions in the field of culture. NI Center for Culture “Nikola Jonkov Vapcarov”, Delchevo is a legal successor of the legal entity institution for education and cultural activity “MM Brico”, Delchevo, established by the Assembly of the Municipality of Delchevo on 03.09.1963 and legal successor of the working organization House of culture “Nikola Jonkov Vapcarov”, from April 27, 2004.
Activity of the NI Center for Culture “Nikola Jonkov Vapcarov”, Delchevo is the activities of the facilities for cultural events. Within the basic activity NI Center for Culture “Nikola Jonkov Vapcarov”, Delchevo performs the following activities:
1. Performs programmatic and functional encouragement and development of culture;
2. Encourages the creativity of children and young people, with special emphasis on cultural and artistic amateurism;
3. Performs systematic research, collection, arrangement, professional and scientific processing and study, protection, storage, publication and presentation of the movable cultural heritage, objects and exhibits;
4. Publish cultural and artistic works;
5. Preserves and nurtures the authentic folklore richness;
6. Presents music, music, stage, art, theater, literature, film and art.
7. Takes care of the promotion of cultural and entertainment activities;
8. Takes care of the training of the professional staff
9. Cooperates with various institutions in the country in the field of culture and with associations and non-governmental organizations with which they realize and realize projects in the field of culture and art;
In addition to the basic activity, NI Center for Culture “Nikola Jonkov Vapcarov”, Delchevo performs the following additional activities:
1. Screening of movies
2. Auxiliary activities in the performing arts
3. Artistic creation
4. Retail of books in specialty stores
5. Retail sale of new products in specialty stores
The House of Culture “Zletovski Rudar” from Probistip
The House of Culture “Zletovski Rudar” from Probistip, since its establishment as a cultural institution in 1975, acts and operates as a combined type of House of Culture, in which in this period besides the basic activities: drama (the first amateur drama group formed in 1961, Drama section established in 1947), folklore (KUD 1950), art, folk and entertainment orchestra, literary and ballet activity, in its composition also includes the cinema-screening activity, the library activity (Library 1946/47, Book Fund 40 000) and the operation of the Workers’ University.
Municipal institution for culture Home of youth-Stip
Municipal institution for culture Home of youth-Stip is a cult center for development of the youth in the Municipality of Stip. He plays an important role in the cultural life and way of thinking of the citizens in Stip.
These are just some of the reasons why UUK Home of Youth Stip deserves a quality and modern work program. Stip is a university center, which needs an organized cultural approach to the young people who live permanently or temporarily in our municipality.
Therefore, the Municipal Institution for culture Dom na mladi-Stip follows the modern cultural tendencies, to be up to date with the new technological achievements, but also to climb on the cultural pedestal, as a leader in the urban living of the citizens.
NI Cultural Center “Aco Shopov” in Stip
NI Cultural Center “Aco Shopov” in Stip was built in 1979. and has a usable area of 3100 m2, of which 410 m2 belong to the stage space. The center has a large hall with 615 seats and a small hall, ie a stage with 120 seats.
Within the organizing activity in the Center are organized manifestations in the field of music – performing arts, drama, art, literature, as well as various social and cultural – educational forms (lectures, forums, academies). At the Center for Culture, the main forms are: the Drama Studio, the Art Studio and the Accordion Orchestra.
The following events are traditionally organized in the Center: Biennial drawing studio “In honor of the poet” (dedicated to Aco Shopov), the Music Festival “Makfest”, “Screen – Theater Fest” and others. In the premises of the Center are also located: Cultural – educational community, the Society for Science and Art, the Magazine “Case 74” and others. About 130 events are organized annually in the Center. At one time, the ARM House was located in part of the building, but after the establishment of the University “Goce Delchev”, the premises were ceded to the Rectorate of the University.
National Institution – Cultural Center “White Dawns” – Kocani
Национална установа – Центар за култура “ Бели мугри “ – Кочани е основана 1968 година. Во склоп на Националната установа – Центар за култура “ Бели мугри “ – Кочани се вклучени следниве дејности : литературна дејност, сценско- музичка дејност, фолклорна дејност, ликовно – галериска дејност, театарска дејност и филмска дејност. Националната установа – Центар за култура „Бели мугри“ – Кочани располага со голема сала со капацитет во моментот од 438 седишта. Објектот има изложбени простории и простории за промоции со површина од 219 м2. Летната сцена со димензии 16 х 8 м за време на топлите денови во годината ги пречекува уметниците од сите облици на уметност.
Националната установа – Центар за култура “Бели мугри “ – Кочани, како и сите останати вакви центри , работи по годишна програма донесена од матичното Министерство за Култура на Република Северна Македониј. Освен проектите содржани во неа, директорот на установата во координација со останатите директори организира културни манифестации дополнително, со цел збогатување на културниот живот на локално ниво.
The House of Culture “Dimitar Berovski” – Berovo
The House of Culture “Dimitar Berovski” – Berovo is the only institution in the field of culture and the main driver of all developments in the field of cultural and entertainment life in the municipality of Berovo.
After the liberation in 1946, a “Workers’ University” and a “National Library” were established in Berovo for the needs imposed. Evening schools for literacy of the population were organized, various courses for the needs of the working organizations, lectures and tribunes were held on the socio-political relations and developments in the country.
Later, the first cinema in Berovo was opened as part of the Workers’ University “Mosha Pijade”. The cinema “Malesh” as it was named first started operating in the old hall “Sokolana” as it was called before the war, and then renamed “Partizan”. In 1953, with the voluntary work “Angaria”, a cinema hall was built, which still exists today, and in which, in addition to the rare cinema performances, concerts, theatrical performances and other similar events are held. In 1971, the then delegates in the municipal assembly made a decision by which the then “Workers’ University Mosha Pijade” was transformed into the House of Culture “Dimitar Berovski” Berovo.